- GAUSS Geoinformacioni sistemi
Open source softver
- GRASS GIS – Originally developed by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers: a complete GIS.
- gvSIG – Written in Java. Runs on Linux, Unix, Mac OS X and Windows.
- ILWIS (Integrated Land and Water Information System) – Integrates image, vector and thematic data.
- JUMP GIS / OpenJUMP ((Open) Java Unified Mapping Platform) – The desktop GISs OpenJUMP, SkyJUMP, deeJUMP and Kosmo all emerged from JUMP.
- MapWindow GIS – Free desktop application and programming component.
- Quantum GIS (QGIS) – Runs on Linux, Unix, Mac OS X and Windows.
- SAGA GIS (System for Automated Geoscientific Analysis) –- A hybrid GIS software. Has a unique Application Programming Interface (API) and a fast growing set of geoscientific methods, bundled in exchangeable Module Libraries.
- uDig – API and source code (Java) available.
- Capaware – A C++ 3D GIS Framework with a multiple plugin architecture for geographic graphical analysis and visualization.
- FalconView – A mapping system created by the Georgia Tech Research Institute for the Windows family of operating systems. A free, open source version is available.
- Kalypso – Uses Java and GML3. Focuses mainly on numerical simulations in water management.
- TerraView – Handles vector and raster data stored in a relational or geo-relational database, i.e. a frontend for TerraLib.
- Whitebox GAT – Transparent GIS software.
Web map serveri
- GeoServer – Written in Java and relies on GeoTools. Allows users to share and edit geospatial data.
- Mapnik – C++/Python library for rendering – used by OpenStreetMap.
- MapServer – Written in C. Developed by the University of Minnesota.
Sistemi za upravljanje prostornim bazama podataka
- PostGIS – Spatial extensions for the open source PostgreSQL database, allowing geospatial queries.
- SpatiaLite – Spatial extensions for the open source SQLite database, allowing geospatial queries.
- TerraLib – Provides advanced functions for GIS analysis.
Biblioteke za razvoj softvera (za web aplikacije)
- GeoBase (Telogis GIS software) – Geospatial mapping software available as a Software development kit, which performs various functions including address lookup, mapping, routing, reverse geocoding, and navigation. Suited for high transaction enterprise environments.
- Geomajas – Open source development software for web-based and cloud based GIS applications.
- MapFish – Aggregates the power of OpenLayers, ExtJS and GeoExt.
- OpenLayers – Open source AJAX library for accessing geographic data layers of all kinds, originally developed and sponsored by MetaCarta.
Biblioteke za razvoj softvera (nisu namjenjene za web aplikacije)
- GeoTools – Open source GIS toolkit written in Java, using Open Geospatial Consortium specifications.
- GDAL / OGR
- Orfeo toolbox
Komercijalni GIS softver
- MapInfo by Pitney Bowes Software – Powerful desktop GIS MapInfo Professional is enhanced with many plug-ins including MapInfo Drivetime for route analysis, MapInfo Engage 3D for 3D and statistical analysis, MapInfo MapMarker for Geocoding.
- Autodesk – Products that interface with its flagship AutoCAD software package include Map 3D, Topobase, and MapGuide.
- Bentley Systems – Products that interface with its flagship MicroStation software package include Bentley Map and Bentley Map View.
- Erdas Imagine by ERDAS Inc – Produ www.scanpointgeomatics.com cts include Leica Photogrammetry Suite, ERDAS ER Mapper, ERDAS ECW JPEG2000 SDK (ECW (file format)) are used throughout the entire mapping community (GIS, Remote Sensing, Photogrammetry, and image compression) and ERDAS APOLLO.
- Esri – Products include ArcView 3.x, ArcGIS, ArcSDE, ArcIMS, ArcWeb services and ArcGIS Server.
- IGiS by ScanPoint Geomatics Ltd. – A complete GIS.
- Intergraph – Products include G/Technology, GeoMedia, GeoMedia Professional, GeoMedia WebMap, and add-on products for industry sectors, as well as photogrammetry.
- RemoteView by Overwatch – RemoteView is one of the most widely used imagery analysis tools within the US government to collect geospatial intelligence.
- Smallworld – developed in Cambridge, England (Smallworld, Inc.) and purchased by General Electric. Used primarily by public utilities.
- SuperMap Inc. – Chinese company of GIS software. It produces Desktop, Component and Service GIS for Asia and global markets.
Sistemi za upravljanje prostornim bazama podataka
- Boeing’s Spatial Query Server – Spatially enables Sybase ASE.
- DB2 – Allows spatial querying and storing of most spatial data types.
- Informix – Allows spatial querying and storing of most spatial data types.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 – The latest player in the market of storing and querying spatial data. GIS products such as MapInfo and Cadcorp SIS can read and edit this data while ESRI and others are expected to be able to read and edit this data within the next few months.
- Oracle Spatial – Product allows users to perform complex geographic operations and store common spatial data types in a native Oracle environment. Most commercial GIS packages can read and edit spatial data stored in this way.
- Teradata – Teradata geospatial allows storage and spatial analysis on location-based data which is stored using native geospatial data-types within the Teradata database.
- VMDS – Version managed data store from Smallworld.